Friday, February 16, 2007

I am 1 durrr

Ok, so I was going to blog throughout the day. Except my laptop was on stage the whole day, and I knew that days ago, so yes, I am a durrr. So of course I didn't. However, it was a superb day, and although I missed quite a lot, running around Broadway, plugging stuff in and making sure the catering was ok, etc. (Which is a blog post all to itself, which I have resisted, in case in a Dooce way, someone read it and spat in our rice salad).

The Pizza the night before was excellent, and it was great to meet everyone beforehand, and I think everyone felt happy to be there. Jean and Robin (John's wife and Son respectively) were both there, and it was emotional, especially when we showed Robin the catalogue we had made which contained some of John's drawings, which brought dewy eyes all round.

I'll blog in detail about it soon, but I wanted to say something immediately about the conference, and it's a statement that Phil Mitchell from Mainframe (ReBoot) made 'The reason that I'm doing what I'm doing is because of John' - I hope no one from Animation Academy will mind me paraphrasing that to say the reason that we are doing what we are doing is because of John. That's as good a reason as any in my book.

x

No comments: