Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The best things in life...

Ok, not a post about machinima, but these are the things that get me out of bed in the morning.

Steven and Jeanie have both posted about favourite films on their sites, so I thought I'd add my own (and couldn't resist adding some more). I know this must appear as a fairly self-indulgent exercise, but Steve has a theory that the films you make subconciously project or at least give a glimpse of a world view. I guess it's the same for what you watch in many ways - not necessarily the content, but the way a film is structured/shot/edited - How many times have you said, 'oh (insert name here) would love that' - it's not entirely based on the subject matter - otherwise a good few people I know would be serial killers. I think we watch, or at least make favourites of, the films/books/songs/pictures that mirror our selves, or at least allow us to access that part of ourself.

AfterLife: this is genuinely the most affecting film I have ever seen. It's truly beautiful, and I could watch it for ever. It's about a halfway house between this world and the next. It uses documentary stories and non-actors, and is filmed in the most amazing way. It has stayed with me ever since I saw it, and if you watch it, I hope it does the same to you. I had to get it on import, from amazon.com.




Be Good Tanyas: Be Good Tanyas make me so happy! Check out www.begoodtanyas.com - it will make you happy too...



Peanuts: Peanuts is brilliant, but you know that already!

No comments: