Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Aaawww...

I've a whole list of things to write about on here, including the lecture by Peter Lord from Aardman which we hosted last week at work, my PhD plans and some new ideas about the Maya animation project I'm working on with Andy Chong, as well as my burgeoning Amazon addiction (the Confirm Order button couldn't be more tempting if they wrote 'DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!!!' on it), and a beautiful book I'm reading called MoonDust, about the post Apollo lives of the Moon walkers...

I'm off up north this weekend, so I'm going to sit down and do some heavy blogging.

In the meantime, some sentimental cutesiness from Japan and Chorley:

Japan
Stu and Nicola recently got back from their travels, and came up to Nottingham last weekend. They brought us all bags of bits and bobs of ephemera they'd picked up along the way, including;

This lovely picture, which is now the wallpaper on my phone, which makes me a bit soft I guess;



These little painted wooden people, kind of a mix of Russian dolls and weebles;




Chorley
This is my brand new nephew, Joel, born on 29th April, which is also our Paul's birthday (his Dad), which is a bit weird in a nice way. Ain't he cute? That's why I'm heading North, because I haven't seen him yet. He's probably got an ASBO by now.



Actually, probably not...

No comments: